Thumbnail Filmstrip of Clementoni High Quality Collection Antique Map 1000 Piece Puzzle Images
Clementoni High Quality Collection Antique Map 1000 Piece Puzzle #31229.
This popular baroque-style map was originally designed as a frontispiece to Henricus Hondius's 1630 revision of the long-lived Mercator/Hondius atlas, a work then being challenged by rival map publishers. The decorations include depictions of the four elements - earth, air, fire, and water - and portraits of Julius Caesar and cartographers Claudius Ptolemy, Gerard Mercator, and Jodocus Hondius Sr.
This map is in the collection of The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, California. Building on Henry E. Huntington's legacy, The Huntington encourages research and promotes education in the arts, humanities, and botanical sciences through the growth and preservation of its collections, through the development and support of a community of scholars, and through the display and interpretation of its extraordinary resources.
Thoughtfully conceived and engagingly intricate, this 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzles combine superb color reproduction, stunning and unusual images, and sturdy construction to delight generations of novice and veteran puzzle workers.
- 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle that measures 27.2 inch x 19.7 inch when completed.
- The Clementoni High Quality line of jigsaw puzzles are for those with a passion for details.
- Clementoni puzzles feature high quality printing, precise fitting and rich materials. Perfect for those with a passion for detail.
- Clementoni uses recycled materials and avoids using polluting components because of their dedicated commitment to the environment and pollution issues.
- Suitable for ages 14 years and up.
- Made in Italy.